Was there any doubt that Dodge is best?

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Indy

Post by Indy »

crzyone wrote:I'll believe they are bringing out the Blue Devil when it hits showroom floors.. That car has been on/off/on/off/on.....
The rumors have never been denied by GM, not once. The only thing that's been on/off/on has been the media coverage of it.

After I talked to David Hill, Blue Devil's existence is not suprising. When I asked him what to expect over the next couple of years besides the run of the mill C6, he said something like "We're going to have a coupleof suprsises". Bastard wouldn't say anything more about it though. :thumbleft:
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Surprise doesn't mean anything.

Twin Turbo corvette would be a surprise.

But then, "surprise!" also encompasses things like Tobasco Sauce in the PrepH

As for Dodge Rules?

I must agree with some renewed interest in the Dodge Omni GLH

I want one BAD.

Bad enough to consider doing the same thing to my Dodge Colt :thumbleft:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

Mach10 wrote:Surprise doesn't mean anything.

As for Dodge Rules?

I must agree with some renewed interest in the Dodge Omni GLH

I want one BAD.

Bad enough to consider doing the same thing to my Dodge Colt :thumbleft:
i had a plymouth horizon (dodge omni) for a while and it was supprised how quick it could be - and yet on long trips i was able to pul out 40mpg on ocassion
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Ah, the GLH...

Originally to be called the Omni Coyote Turbo. Corporate didn't like it.

The story goes that Carrol Shelby quipped up during the meeting "Let's call it the GLH!"

The execs looked at each other and said, "Yeah, that sounds good! What's GLH mean?"

"Oh, it means Goes Like Hell!"

"But we can't put that on the name badge!"

To which Shelby grinned and said "But who's going to know?"

Insane... Tiny, lightweight little shitbox of a dodge, with a turbocharged 4... a shockingly huge punch for what otherwise looks like a gutless shitbox dodge.

I know, I know... They weren't THAT fast... But come on... A dodge Omni that would school the pants off any kind of stock Fiero after the hole-shot... 146 turbo hp in a lightweight POS?

I mean, LOOK at this rat-bag
http://www.moparstyle.net/classifiedads ... =197&cat=4

Kind of the precursor to the SRT-4, I guess... Beat the Sport Compact Tuner crowd by a good 10 years...
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

wasn't it basicly the same setup they had in the old dodge lancer turbo?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

GLHS - Goes like hell s'more.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Mach10 wrote:Surprise doesn't mean anything.

Talk to Callaway.

About the twin turbos, not about the tabasco.
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

Kohburn wrote:wasn't it basicly the same setup they had in the old dodge lancer turbo?
think so... the first GLH was a carbed HO 1.5L(1.5? 1.6?)... 110hp or so? That was in 1984.

The final run was the 2.2 turbos... Which were fairly solid motors.

Wonder if they ate trannies like the other FWD turbos? :scratch:
GmetalGT

Post by GmetalGT »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: 650 HP XLR-V2 that will eat an AMG SL65 for breakfast... yummy...
Suprised that has'nt gotten Aarons panties in a wad.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

GmetalGT wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: 650 HP XLR-V2 that will eat an AMG SL65 for breakfast... yummy...
Suprised that has'nt gotten Aarons panties in a wad.
Why would it? It has more power, weighs a lot less, probably has more traction, of course it is going to be faster.
GM-TPI

Post by GM-TPI »

I think the turbo vent on the GLH makes the car.. :afrocool:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I had an 85 turbo LeBaron with a 3 speed auto. Once you built boost it really took off. That 2.2L turbo was a cool engine. I managed to blow a head gasket (they were famous for it) and my brother managed to kill the trani.

Dodge was turboing everything in the 80s. Those turbo mini vans were prety neat as well.
GM-TPI

Post by GM-TPI »

Ahh, dodge and the 80's...those caravans were pretty cool, if you owned a transmission shop then they were even cooler...wait...wasn't that the 90's too :blah5: and those turbo cylinder heads were great too, since they came back from the machine shop with cracks in them :la:
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Fast88Fiero wrote:
crzyone wrote:GM should have brought over the Monaro. Screw changing the name, it would have been much more sucessful as a Monaro.
Very true. I liked the 04 GTO I test drove over the weekend. Will be getting a 05 with the 6 speed soon. :thumbleft:
I was leaving my neighborhood, when I saw one of the LS2/twin pipe GTO's rev it up real good. Sounded like a mean son of a bitch. Cool car.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Guy who lives up the street from me drives a GTO 5.7. I need to hunt him down when I get the Fiero back on the road <sigh>.
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

Mach10 wrote:
Kohburn wrote:wasn't it basicly the same setup they had in the old dodge lancer turbo?
think so... the first GLH was a carbed HO 1.5L(1.5? 1.6?)... 110hp or so? That was in 1984.

The final run was the 2.2 turbos... Which were fairly solid motors.

Wonder if they ate trannies like the other FWD turbos? :scratch:
I almost got one of these as my high school graduation present. Instead I got brand new 1984 Dodge Colt Turbo. Brand new off the showfloor. The purchase price was $6390.00. It had an 8 speed in it! (well, dual range 4 speed anyhow)

I intercooled it and stuck a waste gate bleeder solenoid on it. You have to understand people didn't hop up 4 cylinders back then; this kind of stuff was unheard of. I made alot of money off of racing that car. Nobody knew how fast it was, and everybody was embarassed to lose to it.

My favorite was an early 70s big block corvette. After I layed waste to his car by at least 6 car lengths all he could say was "yeah, well at least it's not a 4 cylinder!". Cracking voice, shaking hands. pwned! He bought it used and hadn't made the first payment yet.

I finally blew the motor though. Cracked a piston in 3 different places, but it all held together. I couldn't afford to redo the engine right, so it was just a honing a cylinder and sticking in a new piston. Never the same after that.

If I can find another one in good shape, I'll pay cash for it. If anyone comes across one I'd appreciate knowing about it.
allWorkNoPlay

Post by allWorkNoPlay »

I'll run you in a 6.0.
The Dark Side of Will wrote:Guy who lives up the street from me drives a GTO 5.7. I need to hunt him down when I get the Fiero back on the road <sigh>.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Deal

(as long as I get some seat time in the 6.slow. You can drive my Fiero, too, if you'd like.)