Well, it's almost that time.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

nfswift

Well, it's almost that time.

Post by nfswift »

The 3500 will be arriving this weekend, I'll begin teardown for inspection of the bearings and if all is well, it goes into the Fiero ASAP. I'll start with pictures once I get the crate and proceed with the build thread afterwards.
It's really a drag because money got more tight since the new year, and I'll have a lot less free time for the next while, but hopefully I can have it running before next driving season!

Sorry, just can't contain myself.
Metallic Silver 1986 SE
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Should be a cool project. A 3500 shoud make the car move pretty good. Is the 3500 all aluminum?
nfswift

Post by nfswift »

Al from the heads up. I'm hoping I won't get too bored of the stock 205HP right away and hold off on the cam and headers for a while. It should be such a BIG difference from my 230,xxxKM 2.8L though. It'll probably be ugly with my 4-speed though, as I've got 4.10 swapped gears, I'm fairly sure anyway by my 60MPH RPM of 3.1-3.2K
Metallic Silver 1986 SE
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

My 3.4dohc kept me entertained, made the car feel quick. Your 3500 should have as much torque or more and almost the same hp. It will really wake your car up.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I say just get it in and running, worry about cam and headwork and headers and all that later on once you get all the bugs worked out.

Dont' blow your wad on aftermarket stuff untill y ou hve it in and running.

A stock 3500 should run mid 14's pretty easily around 93 mph or so
nfswift

Post by nfswift »

Ya, I'm sure it'll feel plenty quick after running the tired boat anchor before it.

The idea is to keep it simple, make sure it's tuned properly and go from there once I've decided what to do. I've seen bolt ons make nice horsepower (more than a bolt on N/A DOHC), so that's the plan eventually.
Metallic Silver 1986 SE
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I want to see this, this is the motor I am thinking about for the DD 88GT.